Brookwood RV Resort Announcement
Per New York Governor Cuomo, Private Campgrounds have been deemed an “Essential Business Entity”, since we provide housing for those on the road. As such, Brookwood RV Resort is planning to be opening up May 1st, 2020 to begin our camping season.
These are a few requirements for those spending time at Brookwood and New York State:
- When in public, individuals must practice social distancing of at least six feet from others-easy to do in a camp setting, especially at the fire pit.
- Individuals should limit outdoor recreational activities to non-contact and avoid activities where they come in close contact with other people – Walking, Hiking, Biking, Fishing, Kayaking and Boating are all activities to enjoy.
- Practice personal cleanliness and hygiene practices-Wash your hands, cough in your sleeve, and above all – If your feel ill stay home.
- If you are in an “Active” area, such as New York City, or any of their neighboring Counties where there are rapidly increasing number of cases – we ask that you to stay home and take care of yourself and your family.
As you prepare to visit, planning is required. Begin to set aside any items that you will need while here at Brookwood, especially personal hygiene and disinfecting products.
Our Walmart Store has absolutely no or very limited (And we mean-Limited!) supplies at this time. If you are planning your vacation or a prolonged time at Brookwood due to work furloughs, please bring all the camp provisions you may need. Be prepared to limit travel while here, New York has issued an “essential travel only” directive for work, groceries or fuel only.
Buffie and I look forward to providing a place of respite, relaxation and calm among this abundance of learning new norms. We look to be your “pause” and quiet place in your search for a calmer day to day activities and we are excited to see new faces and familiar faces again!
So come, enjoy camp and even use Brookwood to “work from home”.
Mark and Buffie
Many visitors think of Brookwood RV Resort when they think of Lake George family camping and Adirondack camping. Some choose Brookwood because of our close proximity to the bass tournaments held on Lake George and Lake Champlain. Campers enjoy our large, wooded campsites and the Adirondack wilderness right outside their door. So when you think of Lake George or Adirondack family camping, think Brookwood RV Resort.
Brookwood RV Resort offers the best in Adirondack family camping with 85 scenic campsites. Parking and the setting up your motorhome or fifth wheel with ease thanks to our spaciousness sites. But that’s not all, even if you don’t have your own RV you can still enjoy the facilities of Brookwood RV Resort and the beauty of the Northern Lake George and Adirondack area with one of our Camping Cabin and Cottage Rentals.
Available on-site for your convenience, Brookwood Country Store is well stocked with groceries, local craft beer, firewood, ice, essential camping and RV supplies, postcards, books, toys, quilts, a kids camp store, Rogers Rock items and a huge selection of gift items. Stop by and enjoy a cup of coffee and some great conversation.
All of our spotless showers and bathroom facilities are new, and the basketball court and play area are great places for a get together with your new friends. Outdoor activities include basketball, corn hole, canoe rentals, kayak rentals and a playground for the kids.
We are located one mile from Roger’s Rock State Park. Roger’s Rock is a day use area on the lake. For a small fee charged by the state you can have a picnic, launch your boat, go for a swim or just enjoy a day at the beach. We are located six miles from the Hague Beach and boat lauch and also the Ticonderoga Beach and boat launch.
Call 518-585-4462 to reserve your spot today! Or click here to reserve online.
- Fort Ticonderoga
- Mount Defiance
- Ticonderoga Heritage Museum
- Ticonderoga Golf Course
- Ticonderoga Historical Society
- Black Watch Memorial Library
- Bi Centennial Park
- LaChute River Interpretive Trail
- Lord Howe Valley Farm
- Roger’s Rock Slide (Rock Climbing)
- Tongue Mt. Hiking Trails
- Gore Mountain Bike Adventures
- White Water Rafting
- Six Flags Great Escape Theme Park
- Penfield Museum